Over the years, I’ve used just about every marketing tool and trinket out there. Kartra has been the first tool that truly lived up to my expectations – here’s a Kartra review of my time using the platform over the past year and a half.
Kartra Review Part 1: An Overview Of The Kartra Platform
What would a Kartra review be without an overview of the platform itself?
As I’m sure you’re well aware by now, many digital marketing tools that have come out over the past decade have been designed to solve one specific problem.
That’s all well and good – us digital marketers need someone to take the first go at solving a marketing problem. However, over time this becomes a bit of a nuisance as your arsenal of online marketing tools keeps growing, and growing, and growing, and growing.
You get the picture.
Kartra, however, is what they call an “All-In-One” marketing platform, meaning it contains more than just one tool. It allows us marketers to consolidate our myriad digital marketing tools into one behemoth of a platform. And in my opinion, it does it damn well.
Even though there have been other platforms on the market that have tried to tie all of these tools together under one roof, such as ClickFunnels and Ontraport, in my opinion Kartra has done a better job on the whole. In large part, this is due to their ever-expanding list of features.
A Kartra Review: The Kartra Features
At $79 per month, Kartra comes with just about everything you need in an all-in-one marketing software.
I talk about features at length in the Kartra Features blog post here. So I’ll keep this short. To give you a bit of an overview in this Kartra review, here’s a list of the Kartra features you get at the Starter price:
- Checkouts – Sell products or services online through Kartra’s secure and gorgeous checkout forms for both credit card and Paypal payments.
- Pages – Amazing drag-and-drop page builder with hundreds of professionally designed templates. Ultimate flexibility and 100% mobile optimized.
- Leads – Build your leads, prospects and customers database. Organize them in theme groups via lists and custom tags.
- Funnels & Campaigns – Engineer a multi-page funnel flow to convert visitors into leads, leads into customers, and customers into recurrent clients!
- Mail – Create live or automated email/SMS marketing campaigns to communicate and engage with your user base.
- Membership – Deliver your content, course or training material with Kartra’s professionally designed, drag-and-drop membership portal builder.
- Video – Video marketers rejoice! Pop offers mid-way through your video, inject lead capture forms, multi-video playlists and much more.
- Helpdesks – Helpdesk portal with support ticketing and live chat. Fully integrated with Kartra Checkouts to also provide billing support.
- Calendars – Register and organize your one-to-one scheduled sessions with your customers, all from within one integrated dashboard.
- Forms – Gorgeous lead capture forms. Create your own custom fields with powerful tagging and automation rules.
- Affiliate Marketplace – Recruit, manage and track an army of affiliates to promote your products. Flexible commissions, payment milestones, etc.
With all of these features at such a low price, it’s a wonder the CEO doesn’t get a Nobel piece prize for saving marketers around the globe so much time. Jokes.
A Kartra Review: Why I Choose Kartra
I’ve been doing digital marketing for almost a decade at this point. After having used Kartra, I can finally say I’ve found a platform I will (hopefully) stay with for the foreseeable future.
Here are some of the biggest selling points that got me hooked on their platform.
Kartra Page Builder Is Stupid Simple
I remember the days when I used to use Leadpages and WordPress to build out landing pages. Good god, just the thought makes me frustrated.
Luckily, Kartra’s page builder is refreshingly simple, responsive and easy to use.
All of the main functions on the page builder are laid out on the left hand side of the screen and broken down into 9 categories:
- Sites – this functionality allows you to push global elements out onto specific pages, essentially tieing these pages together into one cohesive website.
- Settings – this is where you deal with all of the SEO elements and analytics of your pages
- Style – here is where you can change elements such as the color, etc.
- Sections – this is where you can add pre-build website sections to your page, such as headers, FAQ, etc.
- Components – this is where you add individual components to your page (e.g. a form)
- Pop Window – this is where the pop-up windows are added to your page
- Alert Bar – this allows you to add alert bars to your page
- Helpdesk – the helpdesk allows you to add a universal helpdesk to all of your pages, giving you the ability to communicate with your customers directly
- Code – Kartra allows you to add custom code to pages as well
Building a page becomes as easy as dragging and dropping the elements you want on your page, and then altering them with the edit button.
Believe me when I say this is great compared to some other web editors! *cough* WordPress *cough*
Kartra Membership Sites (AKA Courses) Are Comprehensive
One of my favorite features of Kartra is the Membership Site, due to the fact that I sell online courses teaching marketers and business owners how to grow their own Facebook Group to 10,000+ members.
Membership allows you to create online courses and member areas where you can deliver high-value content to your clients and customers online.
It functions much like Kartra Pages, with an ability to drag-and-drop the different elements of your pages and posts to create the ultimate members portal for your loyal followers.
What I like the most about Membership is the ability to add banners on the side of each “post” (aka lesson) where you can showcase your different products and offerings to those already signed up for your members area.
This means you can create an online course chock-full of value for FREE, then monetize it by offering your other products to those engaging with your content.
The Kartra Community Is Genuine And Helpful
This one is actually not related to the platform itself, but to the community.
Now, before I say anything, know that this is NOT a tirade against ClickFunnels or those who use ClickFunnels. ClickFunnels is just fine as a platform.
With that said, as I said before, I used to use ClickFunnels. And while using ClickFunnels, I found that the community can, in my opinion, be a bit delusional? Immature?
I’m not exactly sure what the right word here is; maybe it’s just that they’re a little too focused on success and never-ever-having-a-negative-thought-enter-your-head-for-any-reason-what-so-ever.
Either way, when I joined Kartra I found the difference in the community and support there to be pretty positive.
I felt the people in the Kartra community were, well, just people with businesses. And not a bunch of Super-Business-Guru’s.
That, and ClickFunnels customer support is abysmal (ok, that’s a bit of a ClickFunnels dig). I’ve never had a negative experience with Kartra support.
A Kartra Review Cons: What Kartra Needs To Work On
Even though I LOVE Kartra and would highly recommend it to others, there are some things they need to work on.
Kartra Can Be A Bit Slow
First, editing can become a bit slow at times.
For some reason, Kartra load speeds on specific pages can become absurdly slow. Which can be frustrating. I’ve learned though that if you just delete your cookies, it tends to snap back to its regular, quick self.
Even so, I would not recommend letting this dissuade you from making the switch, as I’ve noticed that the speed issue has slowly been improving over the course of the past year.
Kartra Needs To Work On Ease Of Organization
The other thing that Kartra could really work on is ease of organization.
For instance, I run an agency and need to upload images to my account constantly. However, each of these images stay in my image repository, and whenever I need to use an older image Kartra needs to load ALL of the previous images I uploaded.
This wouldn’t be so bad if I could easily delete the older pictures. However, deleting can be painfully slow. So I deal with the speed issue, for now.
A Kartra Review Summary
In summary, if you’re on the fence as to whether or not you should switch to or start with Kartra as your all-in-one marketing platform – DO IT!
I highly, highly recommend anyone interested in online marketing to start out with Kartra as their platform.
It’s super easy to use, has ALL of the functionality you need to run your business, and the online community is welcoming and helpful!
If you want to get started with a Kartra Trial, click here to check out their free trial.